The City of Van Alstyne holds unclaimed property valued at $100 or less that is presumed abandoned under the provisions of and subject to Chapter 76 of the Texas Property Code. Unclaimed property may include uncashed utility refunds, vendor payments, or overpayments. Any unclaimed property valued at more than $100 is turned over to the State of Texas and must be claimed through the state website.
The Unclaimed Property list identifies all unclaimed property valued at $100 or less.
You may have unclaimed property if your name or the name of your business appears on the list:
To claim ownership of unclaimed property, please complete the Claim form below.
All completed and signed Claim forms must be submitted with proper documentation supporting your ownership to:
The City of Van Alstyne
PO Box 247
Van Alstyne, TX 75495-0247
Please be prepared to provide the following information:
1. Owner’s name as identified in the following unclaimed property listing.
2. Owner’s current address.
3. Owner’s Social Security number and/or Driver’s License number.
4. Owner’s daytime phone number.
Upon receipt of your claim, the City’s Finance Department will review all claims and supporting documentation submitted by the claimant.
The Finance Department may:
- Accept the claim and remit the property.
- Contact the Claimant for additional information.
- Deny the claim by notifying the Claimant in writing.
If you need additional information, please call Accounts Payable at (903) 482-5426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.