Book Donation Policy for Van Alstyne Public Library effective October 2019
- Manpower – We receive hundreds of books on a weekly basis. Neither the Library nor the Friends of the Library have the manpower to process volume of this magnitude.
- Storage – Both the Library and Friends storage facilities are full. Despite hosting two sales a year we are unable to accommodate this many books.
Donations will be accepted Mondays during business hours: 12 Noon – 6 pm.
Please consider the following when considering the Library for donations:
- Items will be clean, dry, free of mold, mildew and neatly boxed.
- Items Not Accepted
- Garage or estate sale “leftovers”
- VHS or audiocassettes
- Magazines older than 3 months
- Music CD’s
- Reader’s Digest Condensed, encyclopedias, or textbooks.
- Please, no dumping in the parking lot or in the book drop
This new policy helps us keep the Library & Friends resources working towards providing the best service and the best collection possible for you, our patrons.
The Friends of the Library always welcomes cash donations — This gives us the flexibility to purchase media and other equipment to meet needs in the community (link opens the Friends of the Library website, an independent nonprofit organization supporting the Van Alstyne Public Library).