Selected Research Sites:
The list below includes links to sites operated by other government agencies, nonprofit organizations and private businesses. The City of Van Alstyne assumes no responsibility for their content.
General Research and Resource Catalogs:
- Library of Texas: Immediately start searching multiple Texas library catalogs and other knowledge collections in one sitting.
- Texshare Database – Digitized magazines, consumer health, research databases.
- Internet Archive: A non-profit archive of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more.
- TexasLawHelp.org: This website offers free legal forms and civil legal information to Texans who cannot afford legal help. Learn about your rights, available self-help resources, and organizations that provide free and low-cost legal aid.
History & Geneology:
- UNT Texas History Portal: The Portal is a gateway to Texas history materials. You may discover anything from an ancestor’s picture in a college yearbook to a rare historical map.
- The Handbook of Texas Online: The Handbook of Texas Online is a multidisciplinary encyclopedia of Texas history, geography, and culture sponsored by the Texas State Historical Association and the General Libraries at UT Austin.
- Van Alstyne High School Yearbooks-A collection of digitized yearbooks through Internet Archive.
- Find a Grave – Millions of cemetery records and memorials.
- Texas Online: The official website for the Great State of Texas and provides instant access to almost 800 state and local government services.
- Texas Workforce Commission – the state agency charged with overseeing and providing workforce development services such as job matching, recruiting and training to Texas job seekers and employers.
- Texas Records and Information Locator (TRAIL): TRAIL searches and locates information from over 180 Texas state agency web servers.
- Office of Public Insurance Counsel: Compare Texas HMOs, Guide to Texas HMO quality.
- Social Security Administration – official SSA site.