about forrest moore park
1890 S. Waco St, Van Alstyne, Texas 75495
6 AM - 10 PM
All facilities other than the ballfields are available on a first-come-first-served basis. No reservations are required.
- Paved Walking Trail
- Two Pavilions open to the public for picnics, birthday parties, etc.
- Public Restrooms
- Playground areas for older and younger children
- Tennis Courts open to the public
- Basketball Courts open to the public
- Ballfields: Need to be rented in advance. Contact the City Parks and Recreation Department for Reservations
Text from historic marker:
Forrest W. Moore Park: This park is given in loving memory of Forrest Weatherford Moore of Plano and Dallas. He was a devoted family man of the highest integrity who served his community faithfully for many years. He was a Public Relations Counselor and journalist whose devotion to his fellow man, the arts and nature conservation involved him in such groups as Rotary, where he served as District Governor and was responsible for the Rotatree program to reforest public areas. He was founding trustee of the Connemara Conservancy, a group dedicated to preserving open space in the North Texas area. His father's side of the family came from the Van Alstyne area.