Material circulation services are suspended. This includes online holds and phone and e-mail material requests. The book drop is closed and everything is renewed til April 30 automatically. No fines will be charged.
The Van Alstyne Public Library is closed due to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency. But we are still here helping you stay connected!
Library services that are still available:
- Call us at 903-482-5991 — phones answered 10 AM – 2 PM
- 24/7 Public Wifi access
- Children’s Virtual Storytime (see us on Facebook) Wednesdays at 10:30 AM
- E-books and audiobooks, available with Libby and your library card and PIN! No library card? No worries! We’ll get you one over the phone!
Stay Safe, Stay Connected with our 24/7 Public Wifi Available from the comfort and safety of your car!
Available in either of the library’s parking lots:
Cooper Street parking lot: Option 1 Wifi Name: vaplpublic No password required Option 2 Wifi Name: Van Alstyne Library02 – Password: vapl002
Hwy 5 parking lot: Wifi Name: Van Alstyne Library01 – Password: vapl0001
Thousands of ebooks & audiobooks available through Libby:
…with library card and PIN. Need help accessing? Call & we’ll get you going.
- Virtual storytimes for both preschool & elementary ages Wednesdays at 10:30 AM!
- Join us on the library Facebook – link opens in new tab
- More virtual programs to be announced
VISIT THE LIBRARY WITHOUT LEAVING HOME:
- Public Wi-Fi available 24 hours a day!
- Ebook & Audiobooks available 24 hours a day
- TexShare Databases available 24 hours a day – link opens in new tab. On the upper right of the page, click “Select your Library”, and Select Van Alstyne Public Library from the drop-down list. When prompted for a password, enter TX75495. If you are prompted for a login ID enter RMN1381.
- GED Preparation, Elementary, Middle, & High School Practice Tests and Tutorials, Resources in Spanish, & more!