The City Secretary, also known as a Municipal Clerk, is the oldest documented public servant position in local government and is considered the historian of the community. The entire recorded history of the city and its people is in their care. The City Secretary serves as the liaison between City Administration and elected officials, the election official and a department director on the management team.
The City Secretary is Jennifer Gould.
Ms. Gould’s office is located at the Van Alstyne City Hall:
152 N Main Dr.
Van Alstyne, Texas 75495
Call (903) 482.5426
Fax (903) 482.5122
Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm.
City Secretary and City Hall FAQs — How do I?:
- Find Out How Many & What Kind Animals are Permitted in the City?
- Get Directions to City Hall
- Look up a City Ordinance
- Attend a City Council Meeting
- Apply for a job with the City of Van Alstyne
- Participate in City Elections
- Report trash/debris, high weeds, junked cars or a possible code violation
- Report a lost or found animal
- Get a Certificate of Occupancy (CO)
- Find out if a property is within Van Alstyne’s City Limits or ETJ