Welcome to the City of Van Alstyne Public Works Department. The Public Works staff is here to enhance the quality of life in our city through the resourceful construction, maintenance and operation of a safe community infrastructure. We look forward to providing our residents, visitors, neighborhoods, and businesses the efficient, quality services necessary to support the demands of our growing community.
The Public Works Department will earn community confidence through excellence in service. The Public Works Department will use the allocated funds that are provided to us to maintain services in the most economic fashion possible to create, cultivate and preserve our vibrant community for this generation and for generations to come.
The Public Works Department will lead by example in meeting community needs by being helpful, competent and professional by properly managing the City’s infrastructure and related support services.
- Water Utilities
- Water Operations
- Water Quality
- Waste Water
- Collection System
- Treatment Plant
For us to better serve your needs and to strengthen communication between us, please let us know how we may better serve you. If you need assistance or have a water/sewer emergency during regular business hours, please call us at (903)482-5426.
In providing services to the City of Van Alstyne, the Public Works Department strives to advance the following values:
- Promoting a vibrant, first-rate community with aesthetically pleasing and environmentally sensitive surroundings.
- Fostering partnerships and nurturing relationships with neighboring communities.
- Encouraging open communication and quality customer service to proactively address and meet the needs of the community.
- Demonstrating superior employee performance while displaying integrity and fiscal responsibility.
Did you Know…
The Public Works Department has employees on-call 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days-a-year? If you need assistance or have a water/sewer emergency after regular business hours, please call VAPD Dispatch at 903-482-5251. Public Works personnel will be dispatched to your home or place of business. Public Works is located at 239 North Preston has operating hours of 8:00AM – 5:00PM Monday thru Friday.
FAQs about Public Works, Streets, Bridges, Parks and Utilities:
- Sign up for Text Alerts & E-mail Notifications (Nixle)
- Pay my water bill
- Ask a question about my water bill
- Turn on, transfer or disconnect my water or trash service
- Find out when my trash, bulk trash & recycling are picked up
- Report a water outage or other water-related problem
- Report a traffic problem