The mission of the Utility Billing Department is to ensure accuracy and efficiency in the assessment, distribution, and collection of utility charges. We will strive to provide customer service that will exceed all expectations by listening to our citizens and responding to their needs in a timely, courteous and respectful manner.
Van Alstyne City Hall
242 E. Jefferson St.
Van Alstyne, Texas 75495
Phone: (903) 482.5426
Fax: (903) 482.5122
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5:00pm
After Hours and Holidays:
Water and Wastewater emergencies, please call Van Alstyne Police Dispatch at 903-482-5251.
Questions regarding solid waste collections, please contact Sanitation Solutions.
Utility Service Forms
New Service Application
An application and $110 deposit/service fee are required for water, sewer, and trash service. You will need to present a picture I.D., such as a Driver's License or Texas I.D. Your deposit is held until service is terminated, upon which the final bill is taken out of the deposit and a refund is issued (if applicable).
Service Transfer Application
The account holder will be required to provide an application and $10 service fee will be required for water, sewer, and trash service transfer. You will need to present a picture I.D., such as a Driver's License or Texas I.D.
Service Disconnection Form
The account holder will be required to provide a service disconnection form. You will need to present a picture I.D., such as a Driver's License or Texas I.D.
Meter Accuracy Test Request Form
The account holder will be required to provide a meter accuracy test request form, if such service is desired.
Important Billing Information
- Utility bills are mailed out on or before the 1st of each month and due on the 15th.
- Late charges will apply to all accounts if payment is not received in the office by the 15th.
- Disconnection for nonpayment occurs on or after the 26th day of each month.
- If a utility bill has an outstanding balance on and after the 26th day of the month the account is subject to a $50.00 reconnection fee during business hours or a $100.00 reconnection fee after business hours.
- The reconnection fee is due when it becomes necessary to discontinue utility service, not only once service has been suspended.
If you have questions regarding your water bill and consumption charges please read the information provided here: Questions about your Water Bill?.
Have you ever wondered just how much water your irrigation system is using? Irrigation System Usage Estimate
Click here for 100 ways to conserve water: www.wateruseitwisely.com.