Fun and Fellowship in Downtown Van Alstyne!
Programs and Entertainment:
- Monday - Chair Exercise at 10:30 am. Provided at no cost by Susan Vincent with Sherden Home Health.
- Tuesday - Trivia Table Talk. Lunchtime discussion guided by provided trivia questions. Tuesday is also Technology Tuesday. Bring your devices and questions at noon.
- Wednesday - Crafter's Corner at noon. No cost. Bring a project to work on or join others who are learning a craft as we have a great time visiting.
- Thursday - Bingo at noon. No cost. Everyone is a winner!
- Friday - Look for the table marked "Friday Freebies" with items available "free for the taking" near the front door.
- Daily (Monday-Friday): Between the hours of 9 am to 2 pm, the center is available to seniors who want to join in games such as 42 and Chicken Foot (and many more). Help to complete a jigsaw puzzle, help color one of two posters, find a good book and a comfy chair, or just grab a cup of coffee or tea and some snacks and swap tales with other participants.
Lunch served at 11:30 am Monday - Friday:
- Call 903-482-6341 or sign in by 10:30 am to reserve your meal.
- Lunch is served at 11:30 am
- Cost: $2 for those 60+; $5 for under 60. There are no eligibility requirements to have lunch at the Senior Center.
- Lunch is provided by Tri-County Senior Nutrition Project, Inc. (aka Meals on Wheels of Texoma).
People who are not able to travel to the Senior Center may be eligible for Meals on Wheels. Please check the MOWOT page for more information.
About the Van Alstyne
LOCATION: Across from the County Government Office at 148 S. Main St., Van Alstyne, TX 75495.
HOURS: M-F 9:00 am- 1:00 pm