Seeking people who want to get involved in the future of your community!
The information you provide may be subject to release under the Public Information Act and the City is required to comply with all Federal, State, and Local laws pertaining to release of information.
Persons with disabilities who require special accommodations during the Boards and Commissions application or interview process, please contact City Hall at 903-482-5426. Shortcut to this form should you wish to share it is: https://cityofvanalstyne.us/board-application/
If you would prefer to complete a paper form, please click here to print out a form.
Find out more about these boards and commissions:
- Community and Economic Development Community and Economic Development Board (4A+4B)
- Library Board
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Architectural Review Panel (ARP)
How the Process Works:
1. 90 days prior to a board vacancy, City Hall posts the opening on its website.
- Applications are available at City Hall and/or online
- Applicants are asked to return their completed application with any accompanying resume to City Hall.
- The Board opening will remain open for 30 days.
2. 60 days prior to board vacancy:
- Job announcement closes.
- All applications are reviewed for compliance/requirements.
- Applications are sent to Board for review, consideration, and ranking.
3. 30 days prior to board vacancy:
- All applications along with Board rankings are provided to City Council for review and decision.