The City of Van Alstyne is now accepting resumes for Interim Community/Economic Development Director. Please submit resumes to the City Manager.
The Interim Community/Economic Development Director is responsible for directing, coordinating, and administrating economic development efforts, targeting new economic development opportunities, retaining and expanding existing businesses, facilitating programs to enhance economic development and job growth, managing economic development staff, and serving at the direction of the City Manager while meeting the strategic goals and objectives of the C/EDC BoD.
* Development of market research objectives to help the organization meet its strategic objectives.
* Communicates and coordinates with real estate professionals, developers, and business owners to attract, expand business in Van Alstyne.
* Develops and implements Business Retention and Expansion programs for existing business.
* Markets and promotes Van Alstyne to business interests locally, regionally and nationally.
* Provide professional assistance with retail, commercial, industrial and tourism-related development
programs, projects, and activities for the long-term benefit of Van Alstyne.
* Prepares grant/incentive applications and proposals and reviews proposed contracts for accuracy and completeness.
* Works with City departments, developers, and external entities as needed, facilitate the coordination of the review and approval process with appropriate boards, committees, assist developers on inter-governmental issues as required.
* Works with consultants to facilitate strategic planning.
* Monitors economic development expenditures ensuring programs and budgets are properly managed and executed.
* Provides monthly financial report to C/EDC BoD and City Manager.
* Prepares agendas and attends C/EDC meetings.
* Provides semi-annual presentation to City Council on the activities of the economic development efforts.
* Thorough understanding of economic development principles, incentive programs, and practices.
* A bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or other related fields from an accredited college or university.
* Minimum of seven (7) years’ economic development experience as a senior C/EDC professional
* C/EDC Certification is strongly preferred
Compensation via contract for services and depends on experience and qualifications.