- Police Reports must be requested in writing.
- The release of police reports must be approved by a supervisor prior to release.
- If approved, you must pay the $6.00 fee at the time of pick up. Note: Do not pay the fee at the time of request, as your request may not be approved (see below).
There are several ways to request a police report:
- Fax in your request to 903-482-0328
- Email your request to VAPD@VanAlstynePolice.com
- Bring your request in person to 242 N. Preston Ave., Van Alstyne, TX 75495
- Mail your request to PO Box 247, Van Alstyne, TX 75495
After your request is received it will be submitted for approval. The department will notify you within 10 business days regarding whether or not the report can be released.
When are requests denied?
Report requests are denied when the case is pending criminal investigation and court action. We try to honor all report requests; however, sometimes there are extenuating circumstances that prevent us from legally releasing the report.